Michelle’s Bread Stuffed Peppers
1 package Mama Lisa’s Pasta Sauce, Regular or Spicy
1 pound spaghetti
8 to 10 Large Green Peppers
2 to 3 stale Loaves of Bread
1 handful fresh parsley
2 small onions
1 cup chopped up pepperoni
3 to 4 thick slices of American cheese (cut up)
7 slices cooked, crisp bacon, chopped
1 cup Parmesan cheese
½ -1 tablespoon Salt
½ -1 tablespoon Black Pepper
1 can (18 oz.) of tomato paste
1. Mix tomato paste and 3 cans of water.
2. Cut up 2 small onions, put in pan with tomato paste mixture and sauté for 30 minutes.
3. Wet bread and squeeze out the water.
4. Mix everything together except the green peppers, tomato paste/onion mixture, Mama Lisa’s Pasta Sauce and spaghetti.
5. Cover the bottom of a pan in oil.
6. Stuff peppers with bread preparation and lightly brown peppers in oil. (If peppers are too large, they can be cut in half)
7. Make any left over stuffing into balls and fry them in the oil.
8. Put in roasting pan, pour on tomato paste mixture, cover, and bake for 1 hour at 350°F (176°C).
9. Prepare Mama Lisa’s Pasta Sauce and spaghetti according to their package directions.
10. Pour sauce over spaghetti, and serve as a side dish.
This is a very involved recipe, (the prep time alone is 45-60 minutes) but is well worth the work involved. This recipe will feed a small army AND fill them.
If this is too much food for your family, you can either cut the recipe in half, or freeze the leftovers for another day.