T’s Italian Sausage Sandwich Casserole
1 box of Mama Lisa’s Pasta Sauce (Regular or Spicy)
1 1/2 pounds Italian sausage, cooked, drained and sliced into 3/4-in pieces
1 (16-ounce) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. PREPARE Mama Lisa’s Pasta Sauce according to directions on package.
2. PREHEAT oven to 400°F (205°C). Lightly grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
3. PLACE bread in single layer over bottom of prepared baking dish.
4. MIX cream cheese, mayonnaise, basil and oregano in small bowl. Spread over bread slices.
5. COMBINE sauce, garlic and sausage in medium bowl. Spoon over cream cheese mixture; top with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
6. BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted.
Makes 8 servings.